Fri, Feb 10|
RENAISSANCE BATON ROUGE HOTEL
Louisiana Boards of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology, and Dietetics and Nutrition
Join The Atkinson Firm for a full-day Regulatory Academy Workshop focused on Law, Licensing, and Leadership - in partnership with the Louisiana Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology and the Louisiana Board of Examiners in Dietetics and Nutrition.
Time & Location
Feb 10, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM CST
RENAISSANCE BATON ROUGE HOTEL, 7000 BLUEBONNET BOULEVARD BATON ROUGE, LA 70810 T +1 225 388 5726
About the event
The Atkinson Firm is pleased to partner with the Louisiana Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology and Louisiana Board of Examiners in Dietetics and Nutrition to bring you REGULATORY ACADEMY - Workshop in Law, Licensing & Leadership.
This full-day (6-hour CE) comprehensive workshop is designed to bring engaging, focused coverage of specialized training for Louisiana-based regulatory board members, staff, and board attorneys in all aspects of regulatory board functioning.
We will cover how boards are legislatively created, the role of board members and staff, board administration and operations, conflicts of interest, functions of board attorneys, legislature, and vendors, and everything in between.
Tentative* topic agenda includes:
1. Regulatory Mindshift: From "I" to "We"
2. Why Government: From "We" to "All"
3. Delegation: From Legislature to Board
4. Statutes, Rules/Regulations, & Policies: Words on Paper
5. Roles & Responsibilities: The Sorting Hat and Public Protection
6. Conflicts of Interest: Give Due Process its "Do"
7. Board Meetings & Operations: From Announcements to Adjournments
8. Applications & Renewals: What Do You Ask and Why?
9. Enforcement: Complaints to Disposition
10. Outreach & Communications: To Whom, By Whom, and Why
11. Immunity: Legal Protection
12. Governance & Leadership: Cultivating Culture & Community
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ATTENDING THIS EVENT, PLEASE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Topics subject to change